Colonel Keven P. Coyle is the Commander, 552nd Air Control Wing, Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. He is responsible for Air Combat Command's fleet of E-3 Airborne Warning & Control System aircraft and ground-based Control & Reporting Centers supporting combatant commanders worldwide. He leads over 4,360 men and women at four Air Force bases and manages resources that include 31 E-3 AWACS aircraft and two CRCs valued at $16.1 billion. Colonel Coyle also oversees Air Combat Command’s largest Programmed Flying Training Unit and its non-aircraft specific functional training.
Colonel Coyle was commissioned in 1998 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah and subsequently graduated top of his class in Undergraduate Air Battle Manager Training at Tyndall AFB in 1999. He graduated from the USAF Weapons School Nellis AFB, Nevada in 2004. Colonel Coyle was selected to return as an instructor at the school in 2006 where he served as a flight commander, assistant operations officer, and culminating as the Director of Staff for the Weapons School Commandant June 2008 through June 2009. While stationed at Nellis AFB, Colonel Coyle was selected to attend the US Army Command and General Staff College, graduating with recognition in June 2010. Prior to his current assignment, Colonel Coyle was the U.S. European Command’s Chief of Joint Fires where he was responsible for the integration and coordination of fires activities throughout Europe. He commanded the 960th Airborne Air Control Squadron and a Joint Special Operations Air Detachment during combat in Iraq, was a director of operations for the 552nd Operations Support Squadron and the 968th Expeditionary Airborne Air Control Squadron, and was the Chief of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance for Joint Special Operations Command’s Aviation Tactics Evaluation Group.
Colonel Coyle is a Master Air Battle Manager with more than 1,600 hours in the E-3B/C/G, including 300 combat and combat support hours. He has supported numerous contingency operations including Operations NORTHERN WATCH, SOUTHERN WATCH, NOBLE EAGLE, ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, FREEDOM SENTINEL as well as multiple deployments in support of counter-terrorist operations worldwide.
1998 Bachelor of Science, Psychology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 1999 Undergraduate Air Battle Manager Training, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
2001 Master of Science in Human Relations, Oklahoma University, Norman, Okla. 2003 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2010 US Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan. 2012 Air War College, by correspondence
2016 Joint Advanced Warfighting School, National Defense University, Norfolk, Va.
- January 1999 – November 1999, Student, Undergraduate Air Battle Manager Course, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
- November 1999 – February 2003, Resource Advisor, 960th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- February 2003 – March 2006, Flight Commander, 729th Air Control Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
- March 2006 – June 2009, Director of Staff, US Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
- June 2009 – June 2010, Student, US Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
- June 2010 – June 2012, Chief ISR Current Operations/Contingency Plans, Aviation Tactics Evaluation Group (Joint Special Operations Command), Fort Bragg, N.C.
- June 2012 – April 2013, Director of Operations, 552nd Operations Support Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
- April 2013 – July 2013, Director of Operations, 968th Expeditionary Airborne Air Control Squadron, Al Dhafra Air Base, United Arab Emirates
- July 2013 – July 2015, Commander, 960th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
- July 2015 – June 2016, Student Joint Advanced Warfighting School, National Defense University, Norfolk, Va.
- June 2016 – June 2018, Joint Operational Planner, U.S. European Command J35 Plans Division, Future Operations Branch, Stuttgart, Germany
- June 2018 – June 2019, Chief of Joint Fires, U.S. European Command, Stuttgart, Germany.
- June 2019 – Present, Vice Commander, 552nd Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
- June 2021–Present, Commander, 552nd Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
Rating: Master Air Battle Manager
Flight hours: 1,600+ total hours (300+ Combat/Support hours)
Aircraft flown: E-3B/C/G
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
(Current as of June 2021)